Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Garden Plans (Click Image to View)




This image is nowhere near to scaleThe Black Blocks indicate the house , barn and coops
The green outer edging is cucumbers , melons , gourds and pumpkins in a few area's , a few small patches of corn as well. (To be shoot bagged). On the other side of the house will be herbs , salad and quick root vegetables and behind is the basic regular garden with all the goodies to be seen. This image is no where near scale and the entire sections shown encompass close to 5 acres.

\

----------------
Now playing: 05 Woman's Work
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't wait to work in the garden again!!! You have to see my herb spiral my hubby built for me last year, I have some pictures on the blog at this link: http://craftyceltmarsaili.blogspot.com/2010/02/hiya-all-im-here-in-borders-taking-mom.html

    Your garden plan looks awesome! We've only been using an area that is 45 X 80 ft so far. Our acreage in the back has to be cleared yet and we're planning on using it for pasture for when we get a couple of cows, goats and sheep. But there are also plans for an orchard and a berry field and a larger field for squashes and corn. Just need the moolah to get this all going.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silkies seem pretty tame, my roosters aren't as skittish as my leghorn hens. Our leghorns have survived a rough winter here with no problems--where do you live? Winters in NE Ohio are pretty harsh, although up north can certainly be worse! I got blight on everything last summer, melons, squashes, potatoes (my potato crop was totally wiped out)tomatoes, even the corn came down with something. I guess it was a bad year for most folks, nearly everyone on my gardening/homesteading lists lost much of their crops last year. I sure hope this year is better, I had plans to can and stock up, I wasn't able to do that at all last year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails